Monday, February 7, 2011

Fighting Back

Okay, so today. Ah, today. Ann dropped me off in the middle of town, to make rounds filling out applications, to try and find a job. She says she wants to maintain a semblance of normalcy. I doubt she even really knows what that means, but I digress. So, I was walking around, everything going fine, not seeing Him anywhere. Until I had to walk over this bridge with big, ol' spindly effin' trees on both sides of it, so close you could reach out and snap off one of the little dry twiggy branches without straining yourself. Of course, I started to panic a bit, but other than that I didn't see much. Kept looking everywhere, trying to see if that over there was a tree or Him? Or was that movement, a bum, or a proxy? I was so damn paranoid, I was utterly relieved when I made it to the library and scrambled inside.

Nothing else happened, except I started panicking again when I had to cross the bridge to get back home. I didn't see Him until I started on my way back. I looked over my shoulder, and there He was about a yard or two behind me. I kept checking all the way home, and he maintained the same distance. Until I was on the last leg of my journey, which is up a humongous ass hill. As I was trudging up it, each time I looked back over my shoulder, He was a little bit closer than He was before. I stayed cool as long as I could, but once I was almost to my door, I looked back to check one more time.

And he was right there. So close, if I stuck out my tongue I would've licked him. I was frozen, but had enough control to look up at him. And see him staring right back down at me with his not-face. I saw his hand move, except it was less like a hand and more like a bunch of long, white worms.

He touched me. He touched the top of my head and I felt this weird buzzing all through my body. Like my entire being was a cellphone set on vibrate. Then I blacked out. When I came to, I was inside, sitting on the couch with Katerina, playing Super Mario Bros. Wii. Suffice it to say, I booked it upstairs, and locked myself in my room to have a little mini-freak out. But enough about that I should continue the story, huh?

-----

It was after a few days of research and gathering of supplies, that Martin decided to make his first attack against SlenderHERP. We were at one of his jobs, just me and him. Martin owns his own janitorial company, and I help work with them. Anyways, we get out and there's Slendy, chilling down the hill from us, just watching as usual. Martin spots him and casually takes the first of his researched 'weapons' out of the back of the van. A fire extinguisher. He sort of waddles up to Slim Jim, whipping out the extinguisher as fast as he can, and begins spraying it. It wafts around Slenderbender's legs like nothing, coating him with a layer of white foam.

Then Martin decides to turn it on His not-face. For a couple seconds nothing happened. We waited, Martin continuing to spray the CO2. Suddenly, this shriek, this bone-chilling scream echoes across the parking lot. Except it's not just one but a hundred, a thousand high pitched keens. And it sounds like kids. Thousands of little kids being tortured, and releasing the same agonized shriek. I couldn't stand it, I covered my ears and closed my eyes, but it was like that sound was in my very bones. I opened my eyes long enough to see Slendershit whip out one of his tentacles, and thrash it at Martin, knocking him to the ground. He was in front of me in the next instant, and I blacked out.

Both me and Martin woke up a couple hours later, back in the car, with our seatbelts on like we never even got out. I hurried to unbuckle myself, and ran to the spot where the white CO2 stuff was, and looked for anything like the substance that the other guy who used an extinguisher found, but I had no luck. He probably took it with him. We went inside the building and did our work as fast as we could, before hightailing it home. We both had had enough for one night.

-----

That's all for now. I think there may be a Proxy outside. I hear the springs in the trampoline squeaking, and anybody that would go out there and jump on it aren't here. I do believe it's time to relieve some aggression. Where did I put my bat? ;)

Best Wishes
-Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment