Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Background

So, today, nothing much happened. I stayed home, cleaned and did some online applications. I'd peek out the window every now and then, and Slenderpherp was there about half the time. The times He was, I'd stare for a few seconds before returning to whatever I'd been doing before.

Also, yesterday, it wasn't a Proxy on the trampoline, it was just some neighborhood kids who come and jump on the trampoline when they think no one's home. Sure sent 'em running though, when I came outside with my trusty baseball bat, complete with protruding nails and dark blotches. But I'll get into how I acquired that bat, along with how it got those blotches another time. Today, I want to take a break from our regularly scheduled programming to give you guys some background information about me. Oh, and yes, it IS all relevant, so no skipping it!

-----

When I was younger, in about second or third grade, I loved The Nightmare Before Christmas. I loved, loved, LOVED it.

Also, you know that little voice in your head that tells you what to do? Your conscience? Well, you know how some people have something to represent your conscience, like Pinocchio had Jiminy?

Do you see where I'm going with this? No? Then let me elaborate.

My favorite character in The Nightmare Before Christmas was, of course, Jack Skellington. And being the impressionable little girl I was, I started to imagine talking with him. And somehow, some way, he became the face of my "conscience". Now, I put that in little quotation marks because sometimes he'd tell me to do things that I knew weren't right. That I knew I shouldn't do. I can't remember what those things were that he was trying to get me to do, but I just knew they were wrong.

How does this tie in with Ol' Slenderbender, you ask yourself. Well, there are a lot of people who, not knowing about the Mythos, confuse SlenderHERP with Jack, and so viola!

This is why I partly agree with Zeke Stram's theory that some of those being followed now escaped Him as children. Because I believe my little second grade brain couldn't cope with the facelessness, and so instead made Him look like Jack. Or something like that, I don't know. All I know is, I think He stalked me when I was younger too.

One last thing about this: I didn't remember this particular little factoid about my early life until just after I started researching Him. Yeah. Trippy, huh?

----

Anyways, that's it for today. I'm tired. I'm going to try and sleep, keyword there is TRY. Night.

Best Wishes
-Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment